Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Prepping & Outlining
Prepping & Outlining (known as NaNo Prep before September 2019) is a forum on the NaNoWriMo website. It was added in August 2014 as a place to discuss preparing for NaNoWriMo before the event starts, in particular outlining and preparing one's non-noveling life for the month ahead. It lives within the Reaching 50K forum as of September 2019; before that, it lived in the NaNo Tips and Strategies container category.
The Prepping & Outlining forum does not include planning out individual novels or novel elements (such as plot, characters, or worldbuilding), as forums already exist for these topics.
The Prepping & Outlining forum stays up all year long as a space to talk about novel and life prepping, in particularly before Camp NaNoWriMo.
November is fast approaching! Come here to talk about prepping, outlining, and other tasks leading up to November 2014! (2014)
"Outlining your novel? Pantsing or Planning? November is fast approaching! Come here to talk about prepping, outlining, and other tasks leading up to November!" (2015-present)
Topics and Threads
- A welcome thread with helpful links and prepping resources
- A thread to seek out writing buddies
- A thread on creating a NaNoWriMo survival kit
- Xander Writes (formerly artofcheatery) (October 2014-September 2019) (joined the global moderators)
- elyndra (2017-September 2019) (joined the global moderators)