Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Wikiwrimo talk:Wikiwrimo Writing Month/February 2012
This is an archived talk page. For discussion on the most recent event see Wikiwrimo talk:Wikiwrimo Writing Month.
Wikiwrimo Writing Month. February 2012. Get ready.
Sign up for Wikiwrimo Writing Month 2012 here
Use * ~~~~ to sign up. Keep any comments short so the signup sheet doesn't get cluttered. :) Now on to the signups.
- (Contrib) Sushimustwrite 03:46, 17 December 2011 (UTC) Guess I have to do this, don't I? ;)
- (Contrib) Tiakall 04:07, 17 December 2011 (UTC) Wheee!
- (Contrib) FlatRose 04:49, 17 December 2011 (UTC) Definitely count me in! I'm a sucker for timed challenges.
- (Contrib) Catuse167 00:33, 1 January 2012 (UTC) Well, maybe. I can't promise it but I'll try
- (Contrib) Mingo-la 01:13, 2 January 2012 (UTC) This souds like fun! I think I'll try.
Ask your Wikiwrimowrimo questions here
Note: If your question is about making a winner's icon or other kind of prize, email sushimustwrite at this domain and we'll talk in a much easier format than a wiki talk page.
Do templates count?
Do, by any chance, templates count? While I'm good at writing fiction I'm not good at writing for wikis. Most of my edits at other wikis are gnome edits or Templates. Oh, and CSS. But this wiki doesn't really need CSS at the moment. Catuse167 00:43, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
- YES (and I will add that to the Wikiwrimowrimo main page). Templates have been the bane of my wiki existence for as long as this site has existed. I might love you forever if you worked up some template action for this site. If you come up with any neat CSS ideas, let me know since I'm also pretty bad at that (bad web admin, I know--and I also run a WordPress site!). -Sushimustwrite 04:27, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
I dunno, an edit a day isn't much because of small-time edits. While writing whole pages could be tricky, I dunno... this seems to be too easy for me, because that's how I edit a lot. Maybe I'm just an overachiever. Catuse167 06:06, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
- You probably have more edits than I do this month. I thought about how to make the challenge more of a, well, challenge, but since I couldn't come up with anything more than a few months in advance Wikiwrimowrimo stayed as is. The main challenge, as with Nano, is to remember to edit every day (or to do it in spurts like I've been doing--I'll fall behind if I don't do some editing in the next few days). Oh, and to remember that it's 30 articles, not 29. If you have any ideas to make the next one more challenging I'll gladly take them. -Sushimustwrite 18:50, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
- I dunno. Maybe count minor edits as half a point? Then again, it wouldn't be Office of Letters and Light-style without people complaining about how easy it is. Catuse167 01:28, 25 February 2012 (UTC)