Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Articles to write and cleanup things to do. This used to be in Sushi's namespace, so this list may look familiar. Go ahead and write one yourself! If you see a red link somewhere in the wiki, be bold and create the article! Also, if you come up with an idea and don't have the means to create it yourself, whether for a specific article or a broad idea, add it to this list.
Some places that may be of help:
And now, on to the list.
A few small changes are particular to the the fact that NaNo happens every year. A lot of these changes are wiki-wide, and fixing a few of these on just a few pages would be such a huge help. You have no idea.
- Checking and updating moderators on the pages for individual forums (Mostly done as of 9 August 2015. Worth checking again a couple of days after October relaunch for moderator changes.)
- Checking and updating URLs that link to the NaNo site, especially after the switch to Ruby on Rails in 2011. Replacing those that link to forums, pages, or popular threads. Thankfully user profiles appear to redirect, but checking those is also worth doing if they're linked.
- Checking Region subpages and adding the many new regions to the appropriate subpage as pages to be written (or write them yourself if you'd like). Dear Baty are there a lot of new regions. Update MLs to the current ones. (May be best to do in late September/early October to make sure we get all of them.)
- Changing tenses as appropriate when you see them. Things that refer to, say, 2010 may need to be referred to in the past tense, for example.
- Basically, look for out of date stuff and make it, well, not out of date!
- Go through Special:AncientPages. This page sorts articles by last edited, with articles edited a very long time ago showing up first. This page would probably make finding out of date articles significantly easier.
- Find links to OLL that should reference National Novel Writing Month (nonprofit). Fix. (By the way, National Novel Writing Month goes to the event page since that's what more people are looking for.)
- Remove the www in articles where nanowrimo.org is linked. This means the URL should read nanowrimo.org instead of www.nanowrimo.org.
- Add moderators (past and present) to the various Genre Lounges.
- Separate the participant icons and winner's icons by event into their own articles. Those pages are getting a little big.
- Categorize regions by the year in which they were created. This should be easier for newer regions, as many of these newer regions state the year of creation. Figure out how to deal with merges later.
Add to these lists
Check external links for these pages/lists and make sure they still work. Replace the ones that have moved to other places. (Note: it's fine to leave/move a page that just isn't active. The main purpose here is to make sure none of these pages have been abandoned and taken over for evil over creativity.)
- Not really an article, but a page on how to help Wikiwrimo grow. Not a checklist, but a document to show that no task is too small, even for the "But editing is a BIG TASK" folks.
- List of timed artistic challenges. Create full articles as notable non-NaNo challenges arise.
- List of writing software-- Add software to the list.
- List of writing mobile apps-- Create an article on useful mobile apps for noveling. DONE but no content on there yet.
- List of regional Facebook pages-- Add your region's page.
- List of regional Twitter accounts-- Add your region's account.
- List of regional websites-- Add your region's site.
- List of published authors who write quickly because I can't figure out how to make a page on the fly.
- Mascot -- there's a list of regional mascots at the bottom. Add yours! (The list may be moved to another page if it gets too big.)
Articles to write or complete
- Wikiwrimo:Manual of Style -- a manual of grammatical style for the wiki. Most of this can be covered by linking to an external grammar source, but we should outline some things that need to be consistent across the wiki.
- Region--complete an article on your region! Please! No one can write about every single region and their histories.
- Pretty much anything from Special:WantedPages except the template-y stuff that I can't get rid of. Argh.
- Add to an article marked as a stub in Category:Stubs
- Finish NaNoWriMo article. Should we move history to its own article?
- The past and present NaNo/OLL staff who don't already have articles. Check out Template:Ollstaff.
- Having articles on basic writing terms and how they relate to NaNo/Script Frenzy would be cool, too. See Basic writing terms for ideas that may not have their own pages. This was mentioned by a few people when crowdsourcing for ideas.
- Articles on some of the awesome Reference Desk/Character and Plot Realism threads and the stories behind them.
- NaNoWriMo in the News: populate this with all the news articles written about Nano, not just the ones the Nano in the news page on the Nano site shows.
- National Novel Writing Year
- Writing enemy
- Update Wikiwrimo's History Article as needed.
- NaNoToons (and how about Debs and Errol?) (Yes!)
- Rich Black (designed 2012 nowd poster)
- Word Count Angel (Opposite of Word Count Dragon)
- Plantser - the middle ground between a pantser and a planner. Suggestion: combine pantser/planner/plantser into one article about levels of planning/non-planning.
- Word Count Widget You know, these: 
- Word Count Scoreboard You know, this: 
- Any NaNo/SF/Camp NaNo related thing that doesn't have it's own article and wasn't mentioned above.
- Add WrimoRadio episodes and summaries to article (or a separate one if the list gets long). Sushi has all the episodes but they may still be listed on iTunes.
- NaNoWriMo website - all about the nanowrimo.org website
- Genre Lounge pages for the separate genres. Treat as a forum as well as a treatise on the genre, so include mods and history and the like.
- Block Ness Monster
- Camp Care Package
- NaNo Coach (NaNo Coaches stuck to the #nanocoach hashtag on Twitter.)
- We Need Diverse Books and their association with NaNo
- Clean up NaNoWriMo sponsors to list the sponsors and the years they sponsored, not list every sponsor by year. This is especially useful for repeat sponsors.
- Create Camp NaNoWriMo sponsors. It's time. The main purpose of these sponsor articles would be to keep a list of sponsors.
- Give the sponsor forum articles their own page. Again, it's time.
- Split the Script Frenzy forum on the NaNo site to its own article.
- Dig up Script Frenzy and other NaNoWriMo statistics
- Find and post the 2003-2006 Pep Talks. Sushi thought she had them, but they're nowhere to be found.
- NaNoWriMo blog -- add/update recurring features and post series
- A Nanowrimo authors category for authors associated with Nano and notable authors who participate in Nano. Suggestions would be Marissa Meyer, Hugh Howey, Maureen Johnson, Rachel Aaron and perhaps adding Lazette Gifford to that category?
- NaNo Swaps -- a page for the tea swap, postcard swap, cd swap, general nano swap...
- Reverse NaNoWriMo -- the challenge where you start off big and write 1 word on the last day (does this have another name?)
- More for Sushi than anyone else (but if you want to do it, go forth!): create a Reverse NaNo system for any word count goal.
- Webinar, the live interactive video events hosted by NaNoWriMo, usually on Spreecast
- The Great Train Escape for the train trip from SoCal to SF for NOWD
- Interstellar Day of Science and Storytelling (you know, this)
- Reorganize the NaNoWordSprints article, make a separate page listing past sprint leaders.
- Box of Doom
- Amazon Smile, the shopping for charity program on Amazon
- Unofficial Camp NaNoWriMo FAQ for those Camp questions that aren't in the official FAQ
- Annual Report on NaNoWriMo's annual reports. Also include PDFs or photos when available.
- Off season on the months between NaNo events, as this is a term that comes up regularly.
- Watched Threads - as of Nano 2013
- NaNo Emoji - created in 2014 if memory serves right
- A page on the Nano merch and design themes
- Update Young Writers Program page and add a little context to YWP Alumni
- Check staff articles and make sure they're up to date and everyone is added
- Article on the various NaNo graphic/merch themes over the years
Photos and other non-article things to add
- General photos of donor swag
- General photos of store merchandise
- A framed winner certificate or two
- A template marking an article as out of date. This would be useful if you know the article is out of date but can't be bothered to fix it yourself or fixing it would take a considerable amount of effort/research.
- Maybe create categories for regions by year of creation (for those where we can figure it out, which will most likely be recently created ones)? A category for all the Elsewhere regions? A category for regions that have been renamed or merged? There's already a category for former regions.
- Screenshot of the Camp NaNo donation arrow for the Fund-o-Meter article.
- The "updated your word count every day" badge for Badges
- Anything else?
Anything else? Add it to the list! Or better yet, search for it, and if it's not there, start an article yourself!