Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
While merchandise purchases support NaNoWriMo's finances and let buyers show off their love of NaNoWriMo, merchandise purchases do not give the user a halo on the NaNoWriMo website. One must donate directly through the Donation Station for a halo (though one may purchase a halo and merchandise in the same order and ship them to the same address).
NaNoWriMo has sold merchandise as early as 2001, when they sold one shirt design on two styles of shirts. In 2002, Chris Baty decided to sell shirts in 21 combinations of sizes, styles, and logos out of his living room. This led to many Wrimos receiving a shirt that definitely was not the shirt they ordered, which was much better than the Wrimos who received things that were not shirts.
In 2003 Chris learned his lesson and let iFulfill take care of the order fulfillment in Ohio, far from his living room. NaNoWriMo continued to sell shirts through 2003 and 2004. Before 2005 Chris decided to try shipping orders on his own again. All the shirts from the warehouse were shipped from Ohio to Oakland a few days before iFulfill closed their doors for good.
After the Office of Letters and Light was born in 2006, the current NaNoWriMo store also came to be. A new store also meant new merchandise from just mugs in 2007 to badges, stickers, hoodies, journals, and a messenger bag. Script Frenzy, Camp NaNoWriMo, and the Young Writers Program also gained accompanying merchandise.
In 2011 NaNoWriMo introduced a USB drive that doubled as a bracelet . This item sold out more quickly than any other item in NaNoWriMo's history. The USB bracelet returned to the NaNoWriMo store in September 2012. A redesigned USB bracelet appeared in the store in 2013.
From 2012 to 2016, Wrimos could donate any amount over $2.00 USD through the Extra Noveling Karma area. This feature also enabled Wrimos to round up their orders to the nearest dollar, providing NaNoWriMo with another source of revenue while letting Wrimos pay a full-dollar amount.
In mid-2017, NaNoWriMo moved the storefront to Shopify, which allows Wrimos to pay in US dollars, Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, pounds, or euros.
- Shirts for NaNoWriMo and Camp NaNo. The store often carries shirts from recent previous years until those shirts sell out.
- NaNoWriMo hoodies and sweatshirts
- travel mug (NaNoWriMo, previously for Script Frenzy)
- ceramic mug (Camp NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo)
- No Plot? No Problem! (autographed by Chris Baty)
- Ready, Set, Novel!
- "Write your novel here!" (and formerly "Write your script here!") window clings
- posters (NaNoWriMo, Camp NaNoWriMo, and Night of Writing Dangerously)
- NaNo journal
- NaNoWriMo knit hat (introduced in 2016)
- YWP buttons (July 2016-present)
- YWP pencils
- YWP classroom kit (available at shipping cost at a secret URL)
- library kits (free to librarians participating in Come Write In! via a secret URL)
- ML kits (available for free to MLs at a secret URL)
- NaNoWriMo messenger bag
- NaNoWriMo bracelet/USB drive
- postcards decorated with past NaNoWriMo poster designs (introduced in 2016)
- group noveling kit featuring stickers, a progress chart, and buttons
- NaNoWriMo polo shirt
- NaNoWriMo merit badge stickers, buttons, and patches
- stickers (NaNoWriMo, YWP, and Script Frenzy)
- NaNoWriMo pens
- NaNoWriMo tote bags
- Night of Writing Dangerously tote bag
- The NaNoLand Chronicles (autographed by Chris Baty)
- Camp NaNoWriMo care package
- "House NaNoWriMo" scarf (introduced in 2016, not available as of September 2017)
- When Script Frenzy ran, the store included Script Frenzy shirts, keychains, hats, stickers, posters, and travel mugs.