Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Region/USA/VA/New River Valley
The USA :: Virginia :: New River Valley region is located in southwestern Virginia. New River Valley comprises Montgomery, Pulaski, Floyd, and Giles counties, and the cities of Radford (home to Radford University), Blacksburg (home of Virginia Tech), and Christiansburg. It has 370 members.
- In 2013, the region wrote 2,127,007 words.
- 2014: 102 novelists; 2,067,601 words written; 20,270 average wordcount
- 2015: 131 novelists; 2,357,476 words written; 17,996 average wordcount
- 2016: 104 novelists; 1,603,204 words written; 15,415 average wordcount
- 2017: 117 novelists; 1,906,986 words written; 16,299 average wordcount
- 2018: 79 novelists; 1,614,236 words written; 20,433 average wordcount
- 2019: 77 novelists; 20 winners; 1,614,673 words written
- 2020: 59 novelists; 1,383,801 words written; 23,454 average wordcount
no ML (2016-2020)
- Totals from the NaNo Stats Generator, using the 2019 non-public Word Count API. This data includes everyone who has joined the region (not necessarily homed) but excludes projects not associated with the NaNoWriMo 2019 event, including word counts across multiple projects.
- Sent from NaNoWriMo HQ, February 2021. Consists of active homed participants who created a NaNoWriMo 2020 project.