Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
The USA :: Virginia :: Hampton Roads region is a metropolitan region in Southeastern Virginia and surrounding towns, including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Newport News, Williamsburg, and Portsmouth. The U.S. Navy has a large presence in the region. Hampton Roads has 3,082 members.
- In 2013, the region wrote 11,464,720 words.
- 2014: 570 novelists; 10,652,647 words written; 18,688 average wordcount
- 2015: 591 novelists; 10,510,893 words written; 17,784 average wordcount
- 2016: 537 novelists; 8,752,795 words written; 16,299 average wordcount
- 2017: 499 novelists; 8,758,192 words written; 17,551 average wordcount
- 2018: 456 novelists; 8,656,928 words written; 18,984 average wordcount
- 2019: stats unavailable
- 2020: 305 novelists; 6,855,340 words written; 22,477 average wordcount
- Robin A (?-2013, 2015-present)
- slawriter89 (2019-present)
- spunky.writer (2019-present)
- writtenword (2020)
In 2013, the region had an Epic Night of Writing Epically (ENOWE), hosted at Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church. One member got some video of the location.
In the News
AltDaily covered Hampton Roads in a 2010 article.
- 2019's totals, when available, were provided through a third-party tool using the non-public Word Count API. This region was large enough to overload the tool.
- Sent from NaNoWriMo HQ, February 2021. Consists of active homed participants who created a NaNoWriMo 2020 project.