Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
USA :: North Carolina :: Raleigh-Durham is a NaNoWriMo region for the Raleigh-Durham area.
- 2014: 961 novelists; 17,263,067 words written; 17,963 average wordcount
- 2015: 932 novelists; 19,741,253 words written; 21,181 average wordcount
- 2016: 890 novelists; 15,021,474 words written; 16,878 average wordcount
- 2017: 826 novelists; 16,143,450 words written; 19,544 average wordcount
- 2018: 771 novelists; 14,537,011 words written; 18,854 average wordcount
Traditionally held on the first Saturday of November, this special writing event takes place at a bowling alley. WriMos are divided into teams, and write furiously between frames of bowling. Teams can win extra stickers for their library cards by achieving the highest word count and the highest bowling score.
Write In Motion
The Write In Motion is actually composed of a series of write-ins which are scheduled in locations all across the region. The goal of this event is twofold: to increase regional participation by bringing write-ins to locations that may not otherwise have any; and to write 100,000 words collectively in a single day. All-day participants meet in the morning and carpool from one location to the next. Other participants may choose to meet the group at only one location.
This event is traditionally held on the third Saturday of November. It often coincides with the Night of Writing Dangerously.
- Chapel Hill for the rest of the research triangle
|This article is a stub. It may be unfinished. You can help Wikiwrimo by expanding it.|