Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
The region was created in 2004 at the request of CallipygianKing. Previously it had been part of the USA::Minnesota::Elsewhere region, but the ML was in the southeastern corner of the state, an inconvenient distance from St. Cloud.
In the early years of the region, write-ins were commonly held at the Barnes & Noble cafe. More recently, write-ins have been held at the St. Cloud Library and hosted by librarians participating in NaNoWriMo.
Starting in 2003, before the region was officially incorporated, the group of NaNoWriMo participants adopted Bronson Pinchot as their mascot and adapted the catch phrase of his character from the mid1980's sitcom Perfect Strangers. A poorly doctored photo of Pinchot holding a sign that read "50,000 or burst" was displayed at every write-in from 2003 until 2005. It is still in the possession of former ML CallipygianKing and makes occasional appearances at write-ins in the USA::Minnesota::Twin Cities region.
- 2014: 134 novelists; 3,068,324 words written; 22,897 average wordcount
- 2015: 131 novelists; 2,449,040 words written; 18,694 average wordcount
- 2016: 132 novelists; 2,277,016 words written; 17,250 average wordcount
- 2017: 116 novelists; 2,296,416 words written; 19,796 average wordcount
- 2018: 105 novelists; 2,009,473 words written; 19,137 average wordcount
- Library Lady - 2006
- CallipygianKing - 2004-2005
- kuke0801 (Kelsey) - 2014-2016
- no ML (2017)
St. Cloud Region in the Media
- Writers put skills to test: 50,000 words in 1 month - St. Cloud Times, December 2, 2005
- Writers toil over novel ideas - St. Cloud Times, November 22, 2010
- Apps help writers on the go - St. Cloud Times, November 2, 2011