Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
The USA :: Georgia :: North NaNoWriMo region consists of the geographic area north of Atlanta. Like an Elsewhere region, it is largely rural; Gainesville, Dahlonega and Ellijay are its main centers of Wrimo activity and the locations of North Georgia writens.
The North region was officially founded in 2009 by Municipal Liaison maytwentyseven. (Gainesville was an unofficial region in 2007, headed by future Atlanta ML tiakall but lacked the activity to return in 2008 as a separate region.)
2009 saw an impressive start for the region, with the region largely being centered in Ellijay. Kickoff, TGIO and weekly writeins were all held here, with an additional weekly writein in Gainesville. In 2010, the region continued to grow, and had an additional writein in Dahlonega during NGCSU's writing workshop weekend. The region consisted of 111 active Wrimos who wrote over 3 million words (placing them 265th overall) and placed 301st in donations.
At the end of 2010, maytwentyseven decided to step down from the role of ML, opening the region to a new leader and a new direction. Nenya217 took over the helm in 2011, and MKMailler joined in co-MLing in 2013.
North Georgia's mascot is the Teal Deer, based on the prevalence of deer in the region and the internet meme "tl;dr" (pronounced 'teal deer') which stands for "too long; didn't read" as 50,000 words of novel is a lot of too long, didn't read. The largest event of the region is their own take on the Night of Writing Dangerously, the Midway Madness Write-a-Thon, which is an overnight writein in the Ellijay mountains.
- 2014: 108 novelists; 2,021,088 words written; 18,713 average wordcount
- 2015: 129 novelists; 2,458,601 words written; 19,058 average wordcount
- 2016: 121 novelists; 2,088,720 words written; 17,262 average wordcount
- 2017: 125 novelists; 2,162,234 words written; 17,297 average wordcount
- maytwentyseven (2009-2010)
- Nenya217 (2011-2014)
- United States::Georgia::Atlanta, a large region to the south of Georgia::North
- United States::Georgia::Kennesaw, a region to the northwest of Atlanta
- United States::Georgia::Rome, a region in northwest Georgia between Chattanooga and Atlanta
- United States::Tennessee::Chattanooga, the metro Chattanooga, Tennessee region. This region covers part of northwest Georgia. There is some member overlap between the two regions, particularly among those who live on the Georgia side of the Chattanooga area.
|This article is a stub. It may be unfinished. You can help Wikiwrimo by expanding it.|