Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Christchurch is a city brimming with creative genius. Since a major earthquake in 2011 rocked the city to its core, many inventive people have stepped up to help not only repair the damage, but make things better than they were before.
Of course, creativity and inventiveness are key components in a good writer.
While it may not be the largest city, in a country that itself isn't overly-populous, the zealous would-be authors here have the tenacity and spunk needed to tackle NaNoWriMo each November.
Their About Us message reads (as of January 2019) "Those of us brave (or insane) enough to remain in this recovering city will prove the true Kiwi spirit of ingenuity and creative solutions to difficult problems."
- 2014: 142 novelists; 3,448,570 words written; 24,285 average wordcount
- 2015: 146 novelists; 3,774,298 words written; 25,851 average wordcount
- 2016: 103 novelists; 2,206,124 words written; 21,418 average wordcount
- 2017: 123 novelists; 2,812,190 words written; 22,863 average wordcount
- 2018: 148 novelists; 2,577,240 words written; 17,413 average wordcount
- Lady Talia (?-2014)
|This article is a stub. It may be unfinished. You can help Wikiwrimo by expanding it.|