Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Canada :: Saskatchewan :: Regina consists of the greater Regina area, with some intrepid Wrimos from as far as Moose Jaw making the occasional quest to a write-in. The region won the 2011 League 3 Donation Derby for highest increase in average donation.
Regina has had an active crew of writers since before 2008, with writers meeting up even in years without an ML. Since 2008, impromptu write-ins have been held. These were initially supported by a large number of participants living in residence at the University, often taking place in common areas of the residence (this also welcomed non-NaNoing friends who were working on assignments). The practice continues today. When writers choose to venture out of the house to write, and maybe want some company, they can post in the Impromptu Write-Ins thread or send out a tweet a few hours in advance to see if anyone wants to join them.
After a couple of ML-less years, grlgoddess became ML in 2013, bringing many stickers and a jolly red bear for donations. It didn't take long for the lure of the official stickers to lead to unprecedented growth. Almost 30 individuals came to at least one event, almost doubling 2013, leaving many long time Wrimos in shock. 2014 is also when partnerships with the Saskatchewan Writers Guild and Regina Public Library began, providing the region with space for write-ins, promotion, and talks from local published writers.
- grlgoddess (2013-present)
- EuphoricWasteland (2017-2018)
- Other past MLs, if any, are unknown. Add them here if you know any.
- 2012: 78 novelists; 2,070,419 words written; 26,543 average wordcount; $150 donated
- 2013: 90 novelists; 1,975,986 words written; 21,955 average wordcount; $165 donated
- 2014: 96 novelists; 1,963,745 words written; 20,455 average wordcount; $260 donated
- 2015: 97 novelists; 2,049,248 words written; 21,126 average wordcount
- 2016: 102 novelists; 2,042,712 words written; 20,026 average wordcount
- 2017: 98 novelists; 2,148,443 words written; 21,922 average wordcount
- 2018: 95 novelists; 1,944,922 words written; 20,472 average wordcount
- 2019: 80 novelists; 22 winners; 1,737,018 words written
- Totals from the NaNo Stats Generator, using the 2019 non-public Word Count API. This data includes everyone who has joined the region (not necessarily homed) but excludes projects not associated with the NaNoWriMo 2019 event, including word counts across multiple projects.
|This article is a stub. It may be unfinished. You can help Wikiwrimo by expanding it.|