Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
The Canada :: New Brunswick :: Fredericton region consists of the city of Fredericton and its surrounding metropolitan area. Fredericton is the capital of New Brunswick and has a population of 56,224 with 105,688 in the greater metro region.
Fredericton started out as part of the New Brunswick region. It generally had three Municipal Liasons, one for each of the major cities (Fredericton, Moncton, and Saint John). In 2009, Moncton was given its own region and in 2010, Fredericton and Saint John followed suit. In addition to the NaNoWriMo efforts, after the 2006 event, the flagging Freddy Words was revived as a NaNo off-season writing group. They held biweekly meetings and often held write-ins, edit-ins, and writing workshops. They also held public editing workshops open to the whole city (on how to edit your NaNoWriMo novel). The group died down again after 2011 when the ML and organizer moved away.
- From 2006 until 2011, Fredericton hosted a whole slew of NaNo events, including a kickoff, midway and closing party, weekly write-ins, online write-ins, and writing events with sister regions Peoria, Illinois, and Gainsville, Florida
- Former events also included a 12-hour midway write in with WriMos coming from Saint John, Moncton and as far away as New England
- 2013 saw write ins occur around town in places ranging from the Second Cup to the public library
- 2013: 70 registered Fredericton WriMos wrote a total of 1,716,902 words.
- 2014: 89 novelists; 1,836,442 words written; 20,634 average wordcount
- 2015: 72 novelists; 1,204,429 words written; 16,728 average wordcount
- 2016: 82 novelists; 1,588,578 words written; 19,372 average wordcount
- 2017: 87 novelists; 1,533,300 words written; 17,624 average wordcount
- 2018: 66 novelists; 1,124,018 words written; 17,030 average wordcount
- Canada::New Brunswick::Saint John is an hour and a half to the south of Fredericton
- Canada::New Brunswick::Moncton is about two hours to the east
- Canada::New Brunswick::Elsewhere is everwhere that is not part of the golden triangle
- USA::Maine is just to the south, and one or two adventurous WriMos have ventured north of the border to join us.
|This article is a stub. It may be unfinished. You can help Wikiwrimo by expanding it.|