Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
The Australia::Elsewhere in Australia NaNoWriMo region consists of anywhere in Australia not already covered by another region. This means it changes each year dramatically and runs mostly online using the Regional Lounge and a chat room. In the regional lounge there are always threads organising local meet-ups, and each year there is talk of everyone meeting up next year, for a holiday/writing week together.
The Elsewhere region has existed since 2005.
- 2020: 222 novelists; 4,938,694 words written; 22,246 average wordcount
- 2019: stats unavailable
- 2018 - Elsewhere Australia's 361 novelists wrote 6,406,778 words with an average word count of 17,747.
- 2017 - Elsewhere Australia's 408 novelists wrote 7,045,127 words with an average word count of 17,267.
- 2016 - Elsewhere Australia's 487 novelists wrote 9,508,955 words with an average word count of 19,525.
- 2015 - Elsewhere Australia's 521 novelists wrote 11,400,742 words with an average word count of 21,882.
- 2014 - Elsewhere Australia's 526 novelists wrote 10,944,048 words with an average word count of 20,806.
- 2013 - Elsewhere Australia wrote 10,112,979 words
- 2012 - Elsewhere Australia wrote 16,143,210 words
- 2011 - Elsewhere Australia wrote ??? words
- 2010 - Elsewhere Australia wrote 9,293,880 words
- 2009 - Elsewhere Australia wrote 8,245,706 words
- 2008 - Elsewhere Australia wrote 5,893,478 words
- 2007 - Elsewhere Australia wrote 3,447,148 words
- 2006 - Elsewhere Australia wrote 2,307,423 words
- Kindergoth (2010)
- Keladryie (2005-2012)
- Coralyn (2006)
- Maverick1997 (2015)
- Kamigoroshi (2012-2016)
- Luna Dragyntoothe (2016)
- yeggy (2014-2017)
- Cheshurr (2017)
- Sent from NaNoWriMo HQ, February 2021. Consists of active homed participants who created a NaNoWriMo 2020 project.
- 2019's totals, when available, were provided through a third-party tool using the non-public Word Count API. This region was large enough to overload the tool.