Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Pitchapalooza is an event that lets writers pitch a novel to a panel of judges. It was created by the Book Doctors. A Pitchapalooza for Wrimos has run annually since 2011.
The NaNoWriMo Pitchapalooza typically takes place during February, with winners announced in late February or early March. Wrimos wishing to enter email a pitch of their novel not exceeding 200 words to the Book Doctors by the deadline specified, usually mid to late February. Twenty-five randomly selected pitches are selected for critique on the Book Doctors' website, where fans may vote for a fan favorite. A winner is announced a few weeks later.
The winner (as selected by the Book Doctors) wins an introduction to an agent or publisher who is a good fit for their book. The fan favorite wins a free one-hour consultation with the Book Doctors. As well, anyone who buys The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published by the Book Doctors during this period and sends the receipt over receives a free 20-minute consultation.
Past NaNoWriMo Pitchapalooza Winners
- 2011 - Cari Noga (Book Doctors) and David and Ben Ash (fan favorite) 
- 2012 - Mark & Sheri Durson (Book Doctors) and Fernando Quijano III (fan favorite) 
- 2013 - Stacy McAnulty (Book Doctors)  and Katie Neipris 
- 2014 - Kitty Kilby (Book Doctors) and Meagan Sprapec and Izzy Verdery (fan favorites) 
- 2015 - Gloria Chao (Book Doctors) and Ian Cahill (fan favorite) 
Published Wrimo and Writers Board member Gennifer Albin has also won a non-NaNo Pitchapalooza.