Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
The NaNoWriMo blog is the official blog of National Novel Writing Month. It features regular posts by the NaNoWriMo staff and interns on a variety of topics ranging from events to features on staff members and interesting Wrimos around the world to whatever's on the staff members' minds regarding writing and reading.
The current NaNoWriMo blog is hosted on Tumblr with Disqus comments and a custom domain. This setup allows Wrimos on Tumblr to like and reblog posts of interest so their followers can see those posts. The past NaNoWriMo blog and comments were powered by Drupal, as the NaNoWriMo website was running on Drupal at the time.
The NaNo blog has several semi-regular features.
- Bloggy Award: The Bloggy Award is a staff-created award for particularly exceptional posts. The current holder of the Bloggy Award can pass it on to a staff member who writes a post of note.
- Sarah and Chris Debate Things: A feature that hasn't shown up in awhile. Sarah Mackey and Chris Angotti discuss a topic that they disagree on and have a lot of fun with it.
- Week in Review: Started in summer 2012, the week in review is a Friday or Saturday post that summarizes interesting things that have happened on the forums, Twitter, Facebook, and reminds participants of current events such as validating their novels and a pep talk arriving in their inbox.
- "I Sold My NaNo Novel!": Interviews with Wrimos who have published their NaNo novels.
- The covers and posters from 30 Covers, 30 Days and 30 Posters, 30 Days
- NaNoWriMo Around the World: Interviews with Wrimos around the world. The successor of the Wrimo Report.
- Interviews with new interns and staff members
- Road Trip to NaNo: Started in 2013, this column features posts from Municipal Liaisons around the world, discussing writing and inspiration with a bit of local flavor.
- Camp NaNoWriMo pep talks, both from staff and fellow participants