Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
- This article refers to the physical NaNoWriMo headquarters in Berkeley, California. If you're looking for the non-profit, see National Novel Writing Month (nonprofit).
When NaNoWriMo was incorporated as a non-profit organization in 2006, one of their first steps was to obtain a physical office, as opposed to running NaNo out of coffee shops like they did in previous years. The first office was located in Oakland with Tim Lohnes (who had won the first six NaNoWriMos) and his cartography company.
In 2010 NaNoWriMo moved to its current location in Berkeley.
The first floor
The first floor contains:
- Two window corner nooks, often decorated with posters and a desk.
- A waiting area for visitors
- Desks for everyone working there
- An intern station
- A bulletin board with a nice collection of tacks
- Past NaNo and Script Frenzy posters on the wall
- A painting of Tom Selleck
- A plaque showcasing Donation Derby winners
- A microwave and coffee maker with past winner's certificates on the wall and running hot water
- Voldefridge the refrigerator
- A storage area under the stairs containing past and present NaNo merchandise
- A bathroom
- A tree
The second floor
The second floor contains:
- A couch and coffee table often seen in virtual write-ins
- A conference table and chairs
- A bathroom, with past Winner's Certificates hung on the wall
- A bookshelf containing books about writing and books by published Wrimos
You can also look down and see the first floor, along with everyone hard at work.