Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Everyday Inspiration is a 2015 NaNoWriMo fundraiser with the goal of fostering even more year-round NaNoWriMo inspiration. It took place from July 7 to 17, 2015.
On July 16, NaNoWriMo took to Twitter with its #NaNoInspired campaign. Wrimos were encouraged to share what (or who) inspired them.
The campaign raised $14,500 total toward NaNoWriMo's programs.
Like summer fundraising drives of the past, the Everyday Inspiration drive thanked donors with goodies unique to the drive. This drive also offered the first ever Wrimo Inspiration Pack: a small notebook with the NaNo logo and "Inspiration" on the cover, a NaNoWriMo pen, a button with the NaNoWriMo logo and "Inspired" on it, and a pep talk from a past NaNo pep talker: Neil Gaiman, Lemony Snicket, Mitali Perkins, Marissa Meyer, and John Green.
The basic $50 inspiration pack included these items and one pep talk, while $100 donors received the pack and all five pep talks.
Larger donations came with additional goodies:
- $250 = An inspiring YWP pencil set, personally hand-sharpened by a NaNoWriMo staff member.
- $500 = A personalized video pep talk from the NaNoWriMo staff, to be delivered whenever you need inspiration this fall.
- $1,000 = Inspiring (and helpful!) feedback on one chapter of your manuscript by a NaNoWriMo staff member.
- $5,000 = A write-in, cocktail party, or [insert your creative gathering of choice here] anywhere in the United States, personally attended (and sparkingly hosted) by Executive Director Grant Faulkner.
These goodies shipped two to three weeks after the campaign ended.
- Everyday Inspiration page on the NaNoWriMo website. Accessed 15 August 2015.
- #NaNoInspired hashtag on Twitter