Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Wikiwrimo:Wikiwrimo Writing Month/February 2012
Do you miss the challenge and deadline of NaNoWriMo in your life? Do you keep meaning to contribute to Wikiwrimo but just haven't gotten around to it? Do you want to contribute to a resource for the entire NaNo community with a deadline to boot?
Then join the first Wikiwrimo Writing Month!
The short version
- What: Contributing to 30 different Wikiwrimo articles in February 2012
- When: February 1-29, 2012
- Where: All over wikiwrimo.org
- Who: You! We can't do this without you. Wikiwrimo's a collaborative effort, so let's make Wikiwrimo even better together.
- Why: Because you miss the deadline of NaNoWriMo. Because you keep meaning to contribute to Wikiwrimo but haven't yet. Because you need something to do with that extra day in February. Because your region needs an article. Because the other February challenges aren't cutting it for you, or maybe you want even more to do.
How to participate
Before February 1, 2012
- Create a Wikiwrimo account if you don't already have one.
- Sign up on the top of this page's talk page. Sign your name with * ~~~~. If you find out about Wikiwrimowrimo late, you can still sign up (and please do!), but the main challenge isn't changed. Trust me, there are plenty of articles to be edited (or created!).
- Get ready. Read the guide if you haven't already.
During February 2012
- Edit Wikiwrimo articles in the main, Wikiwrimo:, Category:, and Template: namespaces. Add content, change tenses for out of date articles, add category descriptions... the possibilities are endless.
- Create Wikiwrimo articles! Yes, this counts. Hint: Your region probably doesn't have a page yet.
- Remember wiki magic and the power of NaNo: Even if you think it's not perfect, hit save page anyway. Someone will come by and polish it up.
How to win
- Contribute to thirty different Wikiwrimo articles by 11:59:59pm your local time. We're going by the honor code here for what time zone you're in.
- I will link to everyone's Contributions page on the signup page before February starts for ease of keeping track. You're welcome to keep a number tally on your line in the signup page throughout the month.
- I can't promise prizes, but if someone wants to design a winner icon/certificate/what have you, email sushimustwrite at this domain and we'll talk. Winners will be listed on a protected page (free of tampering!) on this site for all to view.
Watch this page for more info. Ask your questions on the talk page, and I'll compile them into an FAQ (or maybe Rarely Asked Questions) as questions come up.
Participants with signup dates and comments
- (Contrib) Sushimustwrite 03:46, 17 December 2011 (UTC) Guess I have to do this, don't I? ;)
- (Contrib) Tiakall 04:07, 17 December 2011 (UTC) Wheee!
- (Contrib) FlatRose 04:49, 17 December 2011 (UTC) Definitely count me in! I'm a sucker for timed challenges.
- (Contrib) Catuse167 00:33, 1 January 2012 (UTC) Well, maybe. I can't promise it but I'll try
- (Contrib) Mingo-la 01:13, 2 January 2012 (UTC) This souds like fun! I think I'll try.