Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Welcome to my talk page! Have a question or comment for me? If you have a question, check out the FAQs and the help pages first. They may contain exactly what you're looking for. You can also try Wikiwrimo:Questions if it's a question that many people can answer.
Keep in mind that whatever you post here and on the question board can be seen by anybody, so if it is a private issue (like about your account), email it to me at email@example.com or @gmail.com.
I've noticed there's been hundreds of accounts blocked over the past week or two for creating gibberish user pages (which have either been deleted or stripped of most/all content) . Is there a way that a spam protection system could be installed so that less time is spent blocking users and more time is spent improving the wiki? - Olafstar
- You won't believe this, but a spam protection system DOES exist, but they're still getting through (even if they have to answer Nano/Wikiwrimo related questions on the signup page). I've been implementing things behind the scenes over the past few weeks. So yes, I'm actively working on it, but that being a grownup thing gets in the way sometimes. :) Oh, and thank you for stripping them of content/letting me know! -Sushimustwrite (talk) 14:32, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- I went in and did some tweaking on the appearance of the forum pages. Take a look and see what you think; An example, try Tech Help & Site Bug Reports as an example. I've done a few of the other forum pages, but wanted to run this by you before I went back and edited any of the older ones. :) I like the way it looks, personally. It'll give us a consistent form, so we can add things like traditional thread lists, or other details, it'll be all nice and organized. Dragonchilde 00:53, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
Blocks and Deletions
- Thanks for the alert, I believe I've gotten all these! -Sushimustwrite 14:18, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
That Thing Above Me
So we just add other needed blocks on the list? That's simple. I wish FFWikia was like that. Sure stinks that this wiki is nothing but vandalized these days. :( Catuse167 02:16, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
- Sure, go ahead and add more blocks to the list. I'm working on a way to implement some sort of captcha that'll stop spam but not inconvenience humans (which is one problem behind them in the first place). The big problem is a time issue. I have limited spare time and well, I have a book to write too! -Sushimustwrite 14:00, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
I hardly edit here anymore, but it looks to me as though the spamming has slowed down or stopped. Cool Catuse167 18:18, 31 December 2011 (UTC)
In theory, copying the code shown in my Sandbox to MediaWiki:Welcome-message-user will automatically welcome new users. However, all the wikis I've edited at in the past are Wikia wikis, which tend to function very differently than normal wikis. No idea if it'll work here. Lemme know if you'd prefer a different color scheme -- I just stole the CSS from Final Fantasy Answers, where I'm an admin.Catuse167 20:55, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
- I did some poking around, and it looks like Welcome-message-user is a Wikia thing. However, MediaWiki can do the autowelcoming message, so I'm making some minor edits to the template and making it the Welcome template for new users. Thank you! -Sushimustwrite 02:31, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- There's not one only because no one's made one. I'm generally a keepist, but go for it, especially since this could also apply for mergable pages. Sushimustwrite (talk) 13:38, 6 October 2012 (UTC)
Hello, how old is this wiki? Are you the founder of this wiki? What is this wiki about? How much vandalism do you have to deal with? Mind if I help you with this wiki? Do you want me here? Or shall I just leave? --Auri (talk) 18:32, 12 January 2020 (UTC)