Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
The USA :: Virginia :: Northern region is located on the Virginia side of the Washington, DC metro area. With 7,166 members, it is made up of Arlington, Alexandria, McLean, Tysons Corner, Ashburn, Warrenton, Manassas, Culpeper, Centreville, Gainesville, Herndon, Reston, Woodbridge, Dale City, Dumfries, and Dulles areas.
- 2013: The region wrote 26,287,843 words (an average of 18,383.11 per member)
- 2014: 1,261 novelists; 22,211,273 words written; 17,614 average wordcount
- 2015: 1,271 novelists; 24,531,185 words written; 19,300 average wordcount
- 2016: 1,174 novelists; 20,516,301 words written; 17,475 average wordcount
- 2017: 1,169 novelists; 21,866,382 words written; 18,705 average wordcount
- 2018: 1,064 novelists; 20,128,446 words written; 18,917 average wordcount
- 2019: stats unavailable
- 2020: 745 novelists; 16,782,936 words written; 22,527 average wordcount
In 2013, the North Virginia (NoVA) region started a Night of Writing Dangerously for the surrounding area. Hosted at Ashburn Regional Library, more than 123,00 words were written (and that's just counting the people who stayed for the whole night).
Many groups hold write-ins at public locations that cover 1-2 towns each.
- bookwrm (?-2013-2014)
- 2019's totals, when available, were provided through a third-party tool using the non-public Word Count API. This region was large enough to overload the tool.
- Sent from NaNoWriMo HQ, February 2021. Consists of active homed participants who created a NaNoWriMo 2020 project.