Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
USA::Pennsylvania::Pittsburgh is a region that covers quite a large area, as it is not just the city of Pittsburgh itself. This region also includes the suburban areas of Pittsburgh and even part of Beaver & Butler counties. Due to the large geographical area this region covers, there are usually multiple write-ins each week to cover each part of Pittsburgh. In past years, the Kick-Off party has been held at the Church Brew Works & the Midnight Kick-Off Write-In is usually at the Eat N Park in Squirrel Hill.
In 2010 the Pittsburgh region participated in the Great NaNoWriMo Book Drive and collected over 3,000 books.
- 2014: 1,003 novelists; 18,770,328 words written; 18,714 average wordcount
- 2015: 966 novelists; 17,827,375 words written; 18,454 average wordcount
- 2016: 893 novelists; 13,976,666 words written; 15,651 average wordcount
- 2017: 853 novelists; 14,298,509 words written; 16,762 average wordcount
- 2018: 790 novelists; 14,238,455 words written; 18,023 average wordcount
- 2019: stats unavailable
- 2020: 510 novelists; 11,057,517 words written; 21,681 average wordcount
- 2019's totals, when available, were provided through a third-party tool using the non-public Word Count API. This region was large enough to overload the tool.
- Sent from NaNoWriMo HQ, February 2021. Consists of active homed participants who created a NaNoWriMo 2020 project.