Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
The USA :: Florida :: Tallahassee NaNoWriMo region consists of the city of Tallahassee and the cultural region known as the Big Bend area of Florida. The region is very active for its size, with write-ins and happening throughout the city all throughout the month of November and beyond.
The Tallahassee region has existed formally since the early to mid-2000's. The regions current Municipal Liaisons are PearlRose (Maggie), who has been leading the region since 2009, and kritztab (Sue), who joined as co-ML in 2017.
In 2012, we partnered with Florida State University's Goldstein Library for a series of write-ins, and in 2013, the Tallahassee Writers' Association hosted several midweek write-ins with the assistance of the region. 2014 and 2015 were blockbuster years for the Tallahassee region, with near-daily write-ins and a few social gatherings, like the Kick-Off Party, the Midway Party, and the TGIO! After those two power years, the region experienced a slowdown in 2016, with about a million word decrease from the two previous power years, and many considered it a rebuilding year.
- Kickoff parties, the 2017 one is at Chuy's Tex Mex.
- Ray's Steel City Saloon and Momo's Pizza (Market Square) have hosted in previous years.
- Weekly Write-ins
- The region averages 3-4 write-ins a week.
- Midway Party!
- TGIO parties
- Monthly Workshop and Critique sessions from January through October.
- 2014: 242 novelists; 4,471,069 words written; 18,475 average wordcount
- 2015: 214 novelists; 4,176,942 words written; 19,518 average wordcount
- 2016: 219 novelists; 3,134,179 words written; 14,311 average wordcount
- 2017: 171 novelists; 3,085,804 words written; 18,045 average wordcount
- 2018: 158 novelists; 2,465,023 words written; 15,601 average wordcount
- Malcolm Sterling
- digwithashovel (Chris)
- gldearman (2014-2015)
- Steampunko_o (2016)
- USA::Florida::Jacksonville In years previous, we had hosted word wars with them.
- USA::Florida::Northwest This region consists of the Panama City and Pensacola areas.
- USA::Florida::Ocala The closest region south of us.
- USA::Florida::Gainesville This region is home to the University of Florida, arch-rivals to Tallahassee's Florida State University.
- USA::Georgia::Okefenokee Swamp Area Our closest Georgia neighbor.
- USA::Alabama::Dothan Our closest Alabama neighbor.