Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
List of timed artistic challenges
From WikiwrimoJump to navigationJump to search
- National Novel Writing Year: Write several novels in a year, often involving setting your own goals.
- National Novel Publishing Year (NaNoPubYe): Prepare and submit a novel for publication in a year.
- 48 Hour Film Project: Make a film in 48 hours. The 48 Hour Film Project team tours different cities year round. There is a fee to enter officially.
- National Novel Continuing Month (NaNoCoMo): Continue a novel you've started.
- 6 Months, 6 Novels: Write a novel every other month, starting in January.
- Book in a Week: Participants write a book during the first full week of each month.
- National Novel Writing Day: Write a novel in a day. Self-organized, but people have done it.
- National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo): Post in your blog every day for a month. Originally in November, but now you can participate year round.
- Milwordy: The quest to write a million words in a year.
- Album-a-Day: Write, perform, and record a musical album in a single day.
- 365 Pictures: Take a picture every day. There are many, many websites for this.
- National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo): Write a blog post a day.
- January Novel Writing Month (JanNoWriMo): Write 50,000 words (or another goal) in January.
- Thing A Day: Participants make a thing a day in February and post it to a collective blog.
- February Album Writing Month (FAWM): Write fourteen songs in the month of February.
- World Poetry Writing Month: Write a poem every day in February.
- National Novel Editing Month (NaNoEdMo): Edit for at least fifty hours in March.
- March Novel Writing Month (MarNoWriMo): Set your own goal to write or rewrite in March.
- Script Frenzy: Write 100 pages of script in April. Run by the Office of Letters and Light
- April Fools: Set your own goal to write in April. Any form of writing is accepted.
- Refrigerator Poetry Writing Month (RePoWriMo): Write a poem using refrigerator magnets every day in April.
- May Novel Writing Month (MayNoWriMo): Write 50,000 words in May. A spinoff of NaNoPubYe.
- National Epic Poetry Month (NEPMo): Write a 5,000-line epic poem in May.
- Southern Cross Novel Challenge (SoCNoC): Write 50,000 words in June. A half-SoCNoC is also available.
- NaNoMangO: Participants draw thirty pages of sequential art. The June challenge is for those who want the extra challenge or can't participate in November.
- Write a Damn Novel in June: Write a 50,000-word novel in June.
- Solo Photo Book Month (SoFoBoMo): Take at least 35 photos and create a photo book in a "fuzzy month". SoFoBoMo 2010 goes into July, depending on when you begin.
- LoCoWriMo: Write a sizable piece of original fiction in a conlang. LoCoWriMo started in October 2009, and there is currently talk of holding the second LoCoWriMo in July 2010.
- July Novel Writing Month (JulNoWriMo): Write a novel of at least 50,000 words in July.
- The 50/90 Challenge: Write fifty songs in 90 days. In 2010 this was between 4 July and 1 October.
- August Novel Writing Month (AugNoWriMo): Set your own prose writing goal for August.
- National Noir Writing Month (NaNoirWriMo): Write a 50,000 word novel of dark fiction or in the mystery genre during August.
- Three-Day Novel Contest: Write a novel in three days. Conducted on Labor Day weekend. There is an fee to enter officially and have a chance for publication because of the contest.
- September Novel Writing Month (SeptNoWriMo): Participants set their own writing or editing goal for September.
- 24 Hour Comics Day: Create 24 consecutive comic book pages in 24 hours. 24 Hour Comics Day will take place on October 2, 2010.
- Gothic Novel Writing Month (GothNoWriMo): Write a novel of the gothic literature genre in October. Participants set their own word count goal.
- Science Fiction Writing Month (SciFiWriMo): A set-your-own-goal challenge for science fiction and fantasy writers.
- National Novel Writing Month: Write a novel of at least 50,000 words in November. Run by the Office of Letters and Light.
- National Playwriting Month (NaPlWriMo): Write a play of at least 75 pages in November.
- National Solo Album Month (NaSoAlMo): Write, play, and record an album of at least 29:09, though participants can set their own goals.
- The original NaNoMangO challenge.
- NaNoDrawMo: Draw 50 pieces in a month.
- National Novel Finishing Month (NaNoFiMo): Write at least 30,000 words and to finish a novel in progress in December.
- International Plot Writing Month: Participants write a plot in December.
- International Story a Day Group: Participants write a story a day for the month of December.
- National Novelists Exercising Month (NaNoExMo): Exercise for at least ten minutes a day in December. Appears to be defunct.