Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
Wikiwrimo is the unofficial community wiki designed to archive the history and culture of National Novel Writing Month, Camp NaNoWriMo, Script Frenzy, and NaNoWriMo's 501(c)(3) nonprofit. It's a wiki for Wrimos by Wrimos.
Want to add to the wiki? Please do! Create an account to get started.
What Wikiwrimo Is
- A collaborative effort to archive NaNoWriMo and Script Frenzy history. Every year the forums get taken down for a shiny new forum. This gives people a shiny new playground to play on. However, some great aspects of NaNoWriMo, Camp NaNo, and Script Frenzy culture get lost because that year's archive isn't available yet (or at all), or because forums didn't exist during that time.
- A glossary of NaNoWriMo, Camp NaNoWriMo and Script Frenzy terms. The community has invented many terms in our years of frantic novel and script writing, and some returning participants don't know all of them. Imagine how the newbies feel. This is the place for those terms.
What Wikiwrimo Is Not
- A place to air your grudge. This site is an archive of NaNo history and culture, and we aim to be as neutral as possible. Air your grudge elsewhere.
- Your personal blog. Feel free to personalize your user page; that's why it's there! Just don't turn it into your blog or Twitter or Facebook. There are much better places for that.
- An archive of every single term for every single artistic challenge. If a challenge is notable or has a long history, by all means make a page for it. Just keep the terminology to that page.
- An official wiki. Yes, the staff know this site exists and has even played a huge role in promoting the site. A few have even contributed. (Thank you!) But the site's contents aren't reviewed or endorsed by NaNo staff for officiality or accuracy.