Want to help edit Wikiwrimo? It's easy. Click the Create Account button to get started.
In the National Novel Writing Month and Script Frenzy forums, a Regional Lounge is a forum in which Wrimos can get to know each other and coordinate real life write-ins. Most regional lounges are moderated by one or more municipal liaisons (MLs), who coordinate events in that region. In larger regions, particularly in regions labeled Elsewhere, participants may volunteer to coordinate events closer to their homes.
All regional lounges are All-Ages forums.
Wrimos can choose to affiliate with as many regions as they please. Being a member of a region allows you to see that region's forum in the main forum page, as well as receiving any emails that the ML sends. Participants can also choose a region to be their home region. For most participants, the home region is the region that they live closest to. Choosing a home region in NaNoWriMo means that your word count and donations also count toward your home region's totals, giving your region a boost up the charts.
Discussions in a regional lounge frequently take place in the languages of the area for non-English-speaking regions.
How to affiliate with a region
- Visit the regions directory.
- Find a region near you. There's a search bar that you can use. If you don't know where to start, try searching for a city near you. If you're outside the United States or Canada, try searching by country.
- Click "Join" next to the name of the region.
- You'll be affiliated with your chosen region. Congratulations! You'll see these forum on the main NaNoWriMo forums page and will receive NaNoMail updates from their MLs.
How to select a home region
- Go to the regions directory.
- Look at the list of regions you've joined.
- Your options are no home region and any of the regions you've affiliated with. You can choose only one home region, so choose wisely. You may change your mind later.
- Click "Make this region my home".
- Congratulations! You are now homed with a region. Your word count and donations will count toward your home region.